Nowadays in Italy the Scotti brand stands for “rice”.
Founded by Pietro Scotti in 1860 in an old mill in Marudo (one of the many rice-fields areas in the heart of Po valley), Riso Scotti today has over 170 employees, besides the whole group’s workforce of 450 people. Riso Scotti is particularly committed to complying with the highest quality standards required for raw materials, manufacturing cycle and finished products warehouse.
Today Riso Scotti markets products across 60 countries and 5 continents through long-established relationships with reliable local partners.
It’s a family run business which combines respect for tradition with on-going research for innovation according to the development of the markets demand in terms of quality and quantity.
- Revenue 2011: 170 million €
- Workforce: 170 people in Pavia’s plant (450 comprehensively)
- Brown Rice warehouse: 6 million Kilos storage capacity
- White Rice yearly produce: 125 million Kilos
- Manufacturing plants: Bivio Vela, Pavia – 13 hectares area
Riso Scotti Group’s rapid growth, by means of acquisitions across multiple industries, has increasingly resulted in more complexity. Hence,
Riso Scotti in 2004 has decided to eliminate manual processes in the manufacturing warehouse by automating the warehouse management with StockSystem, Replica Sistemi’s WMS application.
Main issues coming from the logistics processes:
After a thorough review of solutions available in the marketplace, Riso Scotti concluded that StockSystem was the best fitting solutions as Replica Sistemi was able to demonstrate experience in providing solutions to similar businesses.
- 22 Honeywell 9551 guns
The analysis of Replica Sistemi’s Project Manager initially covered the following aspects:
- Warehouse layout
- Type of material
- Integration between StockSystem and the existing ERP
- Inbound and putaway workflows
- Order-picking and shipping workflows
The analysis resulted in the WMS installation and on-site training.
Under Replica Sistemi’s StockSytem Riso Scotti obtained:
- Full traceability
- Real-time updating on manufacturing progress status
- Night inventory control
- Available inventory control extended to the third parties depots
- Stock Rotation by expiry date
- Products release/reject management